Archive - News Article
NEW BREMEN — Story time will be held at New Bremen Public Library at 6:30 p.m. today for those 3 to 5.
ST. MARYS — A four-legged addition to the St. Marys Police Department is a few weeks away from hitting the streets.
Scout, the newest K9 officer for the St. Marys Police Department is currently training with his partner Brian Parker. Last year, St. Marys Police Chief Mark Ernst indicated a desire to resume the K9 program as a way to help combat the drug problem in the area.
— For a complete story, pick up Tuesday's edition of The Evening Leader.
Here is a look at some upcoming stories that will be found in our print edition this week:
• A story on the hiring of a new superintendent for New Bremen.
• Feature stories on local high school seniors and their plans after graduation.
• A recap of local spring sports action from across the region.
Here were some of the stories you missed in our print edition last week:
• Feature stories on local high school seniors.
• A recap of the St. Marys City Council meeting and the proposed revision to the dog ordinance.
• Our Spring Sports Preview Tab.
• The annual CIC luncheon and progress throughout the city.
• Previews on area high school plays.
• A feature story on sign language being taught at TLC.
ST. MARYS — Plans are being finalized for a faith-based transitional housing facility that, once operational, will give people looking to change their lives the foundation to do so in a successful manner.
Victor House, located at 132 S. Spruce St., is an offshoot of the work being done at the Resource and Opportunity Center. ROC Vice President Bev Hurlburt said officials started the early planning for Victor House shortly after the ROC opened because of a need for such services in the area.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Has Kentucky even reached their peak yet?
Find out how Kentucky dominated West Virginia and more.
CELINA — A dozen people were arrested at a variety of drug charges following an investigation from the Grand Lake Task Force.
Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey and Celina Police Chief Tom Wale announced the indictments in a news release on Thursday. Arrested in the sweep were:
ST. MARYS — Books, Babies & More will be held at 10:30 a.m. today at the St. Marys Community Public Library for parents and babies 0-36 months.
ST. MARYS â€” Preschool story time will be held at 11 a.m. today at St. Marys Community Public Library.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Germanwings Flight 9525 Crashes in French Alps With 150 People Onboard