- Local Guide
NEW KNOXVILLE — The New Knoxville Board of Education welcomed a new face to the school’s administration team, hiring a new treasurer at their meeting Monday night.
Board members approved the hiring of Catherine Doseck, who will serve as assistant treasurer in December and January and will begin working as treasurer on Feb. 1 after the retirement of current Treasurer Marcia Wierwille. Her salary will be $65,000 per year, based on a 260-day contract, and she will receive pick-up on her salary, board paid Medicare, a $3,600 stipend not to take medical and prescription insurance but will receive dental insurance.
Board President Phil Kuck welcomed Doseck to the district.
“I want to welcome Catherine to our school district,” he said. “Thanks for showing an interest in our school district and stepping forward. We appreciate that and we’re looking forward to it.”
Board members also approved the drawings for the official mascot logo and an amendment allowing the athletic council to modify the logos if needed. In addition to an updated school logo, a logo design for each sport was also submitted. Kuck noted his concern that there was too much black in the logos and was interested in looking at getting more red and gray in the logos.
“They’ve obviously put a lot of time and effort into these,” he said.
“I love how it looks and how it’s framed in there, I just think we need to represent the red and gray a little bit more.”
Superintendent Kim Waterman said the designs were made by two New Knoxville parents.
“Angie Elshoff donated all of her time to do those logos and we also had another father in town that looked at the designs, Rod Farley,” she said.
“Those designs were presented to the athletic council.”
Having the time donated to work on the designs was appreciated, she said.
“If we would have had a company do these, it would have been a costly thing, but we had two parents and that is their field of work,” Waterman said.
In other business, board members:
• Approved the meeting’s agenda.
• Approved the Oct. 22 regular meeting minutes and the Oct. 29, Nov. 1, Nov. 8, Nov. 9 and Nov. 15 special meeting minutes.
• Approved the October financial report.
• Heard a report from Principal Linda Tebbe.
• Approved a list of personnel items.
• Approved Cy Schwieterman Inc. for snow removal as needed.
• Rescheduled the December board meeting for 7 p.m. Dec. 18.
• Approved a list of board policies. Waterman noted many of the new policies include updates on technology. A policy requiring activities for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 was also adopted.
• Approved a motion to change the pick-up plan for the treasurer’s position with the new treasurer. The board will no longer pay pick-up on pick-up on compensation.
The next regular meeting of the New Knoxville Board of Education will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 18 in the media center.